Re: Heater Installation

To: Peter Thiel <pthiel@QuixNet.net>
Subject: Re: Heater Installation
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 15:48:57 -0800
With a bit of fussing around, a shutoff valve from an import pickup
truck can be rigged up on the back of the heater housing (Arnolt type
heater), along with a short piece of choke cable.  This allows a person
to control the heat from inside the cockpit.  Stu, this would be
particularly handy for your location, where you are not going to need
full heat all the time.  Even  in mid winter here in Western Washington
state, and with the water take at the warm (vs hot) back of the head,
off there are times when we want less than full heat and it is nice to
be able to just reach down and regulate the heat on the fly.  I have
pictures (such that they are) of the shut off valve set up if anyone is
interested in seeing them.

Good luck,
Dave