Re: Heater Installation

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heater Installation
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:52:04 -0600
Stu:

The hot water for the heater should come of the LH side of the
thermostat housing or the elbow between it and the head.  The TF 1500
had a pre drilled hole there for a 3/8" nipple.  As a TD's elbow is
quite thin, some installers solder or braze the nipple in.  An
alternative could be to use a bit of J.B. Weld at the join.

The return line for the heater needs to go into the metal lower radiator
hose connector or the bypass connector.

You also need to devise some sort of shut off valve for the heater's
water.

Many people use the cover on the back of the head for the hot water.
Although the water may be warm, it's not as hot as the water coming from
the thermostat area.  If you decide that's what you want to do, I've got
a rear head plate with elbow and shut off which I'll sell for $10
shipping included.

Blake