Re: TD Carb Question

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: TD Carb Question
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:04:12 -0500
Hi folks,

     This spring-loaded pin sounded familiar.  I just checked the H2's in my
52TD
and found that both pistons have the bras spring-loaded pins.  I also checked
the
pistons of another (basket case) 52TD that I have.  Both sets have the pins.  I
took a photo of the piston ends from my set and did a quick and dirty webpage to
show them

<http://home.earthlink.net/~budkrueger/H2Piston.html>

I also looked at the Haynes SU Carburetor book.  Their image #7.5 shows the end
of an H2 piston and you can see the pin in line with the needle and the
alignment
slot.  I included a copy of the image on the webpage.

The pins are apparently not uncommon and protrude by about 0.010".

Bud Krueger