RE: Rust in the Gas Tank

To: "Chuck" <chull@pacbell.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rust in the Gas Tank
From: "Garth Green" <headlam@kingsley.co.za>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:06:25 +0200
Chuck
What I did was to string the tank up using an "octopus" - an elastic luggage
strap with six "arms" (so it shouldn't be called an octopus now, should
it!). This was hitched to a roof rafter so the load of the tank was not on
the arms so they won't fall off this time. The usual nuts and bolts were put
in and the whole thing rumbled a bit by bouncing it up and down and round
about. Washed it out with petrol. Job done! Of course, the float was removed
first and the aperture blanked off. Also the outlet union with gauze filter
was removed and closed off with a bolt.

Garth Green