Hard tops

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Hard tops
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@BlazeNet.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:40:23 -0500
Is there any interest in fiberglass hard tops for TDs?

A friend of mine purchased a TD that came with a hard top in addition to
the soft one.
It appears to be home made using the convertible top as a pattern. It
looks almost identical to the soft top complete with wrinkles!  That is
not intended to take anything away from it because it looks really
good.  It has a complete upholstered headliner with chrome strips at the
bows with no tears. Where the rear side curtains mount it is channeled
out for them to fit into. There is a screw where the top rear of the
front side curtain would be to attach it which is on a swivel to allow
it to rotate when the door is opened. The exterior is a two bow design
with a small flat glass rear window surrounded with a chrome strip.
There is also a thin chrome strip across the rear bow and around the
base at the rear where is meets the body.  It is painted flat black, but
would perhaps look better painted tan.  The only thing it needs is some
attention to mounting it on the car.

If anyone is interested I may be able to get him to sell it. I can also
take some pictures for any interested party.

Thanks,
Charlie
'52 TD