RE: Maintaining The Breed, A Dilemma (longer and longer)

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Maintaining The Breed, A Dilemma (longer and longer)
From: Chuck <chull@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:04:10 -0800
>         Fellow Listers;
>         Is this not a tempest in a teapot? Is winning a car show award so
> very important? Our cars are as individual as we are. The older we get
> the more individual we become. . . .   I  drive my TD much more than I
> show it. . . .  It seems to me that since these cars were so obviously
> built for driving (as opposed to showing) that to truly maintain the
> breed, we should emphasize the driving, and not the showing. Just my 2
> pence/POV.
>
>         Greg  NEMGTR #9530
>         '52 TD

I agree with Greg.  In the past when I had a concourse car, I did not drive
it as much as when I had a "driver"  I don't have enough money to keep two
of each car I like.  Our current "classic" is my wife's TF, but if it was
mine I would have to replace the stock seat with one lower with a bit more
recline, so I can fit in when the top is up.  Doing that would really tic
off some people, but it would be my car, and making it more enjoyable to
drive means it will get driven a lot more (love the idea of a 5 speed, I
hate winding out the engine and reaching for another gear and finding I am
already in 4th, and not even all the way up the on ramp).

Chuck