Re: Maintaining the Breed

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maintaining the Breed
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:08:41 -0800 (PST)
Listers,

This subject will go on forever. To be truthful, we are not talking about
prewar sixes here - Just a bunch of semi mass-produced sports cars that
dropped to well under the $1000 mark at one time and there seems to be an
abundance of well restored originals to set the example and to give proper
reference to anyone restoring another. Many of these cars were modified
when near new and I personally find the cars with restored early
accessories the most interesting. Ever seen the double bubble plexiglass
windscreen or the Allard like cycle wings??  How about the Scotch plaid
side curtains, toneau and tyre cover?? I love louvers!!!!

There is a guy who brings a light BRG TD with cycle fenders, wire wheels
and a number of pre-war details to the Palo Alto, CA British Meet that is
splendid!!  Even has Nissan power I think. Is it an MG???  Well sort of but
it really is a hot rod, a classic cruiser, a more real replica of a much
older car that will run like a much newer car.  Is this wrong????

There should be a few classes at MG events for exactly these type of cars.
Maybe modified cars with original engine blocks and another for anything
modified beyond that.

My TD was stock all over because that was what I wanted to see when I went
out into my garage. Come to think about it, I did run a set of Volvo PV544
trim rings on my wheels and had an PECO twin exhaust tip.

Cheers,

Rick