Re: Brake Drum Studs

To: <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>, "MGTs" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Drum Studs
From: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:54:15 -0500
Lew,

Thanks for the information.......you were reading my small/evil mind
when you said to resist the temptation to weld or braise them in.  I
sorta did know better, but your comment moved the idea from
"shouldn't" to "don't even".  Most of my rear hub work lately has been
on the TC and a 70 Midget, which, of course, are similar.  The TF is a
learning experience.  My I call on you again as I get deeper into it?

I will pass on your hello to Jerry Keuper, as we are  having a
rally/local club meeting up in Merritt Island, this morning.

Regards, Larry.

> Larry,
>
> I've never done them on a TF, but I had a similar problem on my MGA.
The hub
> studs needed replacing. New ones are available. You might even find
them in
> a well supplied auto parts store. They usually are carried in big
orange
> drawers under the manufacturer name "Dorman". Otherwise Moss or
Abingdon