Re: Oil Pump removal

To: "Rick & Carolyn" <walters@mail.softcom.net>, "mgt" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pump removal
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:14:03 -0800
A common problem, Rick! When you feel that you just can't hit it any harder
for fear of cracking the pump housing, you may want to resort to trying to
drive a thin, strong blade between the pump and the block - for example, a
gasket scraper. Then prying tools of increasing thickness and strength.
Eventually it will come off (and, yes, you have undone all the bolts - there
are no hidden ones). Any gouges made in the base of the pump can be dressed
later with a file, or filled with JB weld and then filed flat.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center