Re: TD engine & Oil Filter

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD engine & Oil Filter
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 06:00:17 -0400
The best work I've seen by an individual on comparing oil filters can be
seen at http://members.xoom.com/minimopar/oilfilters.html

This individual also used to have pictures of all of the filters that he
had taken apart for study but he no longer has these on the site. His
summary should be good enough.

I used to be a dedicated Fram user. Then I started having trouble with oil
pressure on a couple of MGB's that I had done engine rebuilds on. I(I used
to have a small MG shop.) Trouble turned out to be defective Fram filters.
When I called Fram about it they admitted that they knew about the problem
but I can tell you they were not really interested in hearing about it.
They offered to replace the filters if I sent them back. No offer to repair
the engine damages.

I would NEVER put another Fram filter on any of my cars. I took a couple of
the bad filters apart and if you saw what a Fram filter looked like inside
you would never use one again either.

Dick Dell
MGTF
TR3