Re: Annealing copper

To: "Tom Metcalf" <mgtom@zoominternet.net>, "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>, "'J.E.A. Rich'" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Annealing copper
From: "lawrie" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:30:09 -0800
Cc: "" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Tommm,

Of course - drain pipes carry no pressure. What was I thinking? I put it down
to OFS and being concerned by Mike Allison's admonition to be sure to anneal
them. Thank you for setting me straight - I shall polish and install and not
worry any more!

The PA I had in 1960 had a green engine, as did two of my friends' PAs. Mine
certainly had never been rebuilt (I had to remove No. 4 spark plug and crank
the engine to pump out the water that had accumulated on the piston if I let it
sit more than a week!) and one of the other two was a very low mileage,
immaculate car. I doubt we'll ever know for sure, eh?

Thanks again,

Lawrie