Re: PA oil selection

To: "MMM Group" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PA oil selection
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:48:28 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Many thanks to all who offered advice on this subject. FWIW, I've decided to
go with RedLine 75-14 NS. It'll be a few months before I have the car on the
road but at least I now feel reasonably optimistic the gears will shift
smoothly!

My PA came to me in about as many individual parts as it's possible to
reduce one to, so the rebuild is raising some interesting questions. One of
these concerns the Centric supercharger with which the car was originally
fitted. Mike Allison checked it over when he rebuilt my engine and gave it a
clean bill of health. I believe I have all the appropriate manifold and
drive pieces. However, I am puzzled about the method of supplying oil to the
blower. On the firewall there was a rather hokey-looking glass jar with a
tin lid, containing dregs of what appeared to be Marvel Mystery Oil. There
were pipes dangling but no clear indication of where they might have been
connected. Since I'm starting afresh, can anyone offer advice or pictures as
to what is the correct way to feed oil to a Centric blower, and what means
of oil-flow modulation is used so that I don't over-oil the unit?

Thanks, as always, to all you MMM owners who so freely share such valuable
advice!

Lawrie Alexander