PA oil selection

To: "MMM Group" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: PA oil selection
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:59:46 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
If this has been discussed before, my apologies - I missed that thread.

Having just completed the overhaul of my PA gearbox, my thoughts turned to
the oil to be used therein. My trusty Blower's manual tells me I should use
"Duckham's Gear Oil N" but my local Duckham's dealer seems to have gone out
of business (!) Any recommendations as to what would be the best modern oil
to use? Any comments on synthetics? I've used Redline oils in MGA and MGB
gearboxes, to good effect, and I used Redline assembly lube in the PA box,
so a Redline equivalent of Duckham's N might be a good idea?

TIA

Lawrie Alexander