PA-0531 brake cables

To: "MG-MMM" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: PA-0531 brake cables
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:28:38 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi,
I stripped the diff apart to check for excess rotation of the prop shaft.
Diff seems fine, 5.375 ratio, extra rotation appears to be due to very
looose axle to hub joint. So now I need to install a tapered rear axle shaft
into the worn hub, or buy new hubs. But thats tomorrows problem.

However, todays problem is brake cables. The left rear brake cable was
frayed. I have a new one but the protective rubber bellows has rotted away
in storage. Any suggestions on how to protect the exposed inner cable at the
rear wheels? So far I've come up with a very flexible rubber hose slit and
fitted over the cable. Maybe one of those split plastic wire protectors we
see on trailers? I have six new cables, all have rotted rubbers.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Bob Grunau
PA-0531