Re: Engine installation?

To: TATERRY@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine installation?
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:04:38 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry,

Recently Brian Kelly came over and helped me install mine. Previously,
clutch and tranny had been fitted up to engine, but all other anceliery items
were
not, to reduce weight and give max. working space.

1.Car on stands to increase working height under car.

2. Lift and lower rear, then swing up under firewall. Rear mount brackets
previously fitted to cross tube and slid inward to clear frame rails.

3. Loosely fit up rear brackets to frame rail then adjust front height of
engine to align with lower engine bracket.

4. Double-check left/right and fore/aft engine/tranny alignment. I attached
prop shaft (loosely) to get proper alignment all the way back (as best I
could).

It took 15 minutes, and no busted knuckles...thanks to Brian.

Good luck,

Don B.