Re: MMM wheel/brake drum balance

To: "Robert Zwart" <zwart1@cox.net>, "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Subject: Re: MMM wheel/brake drum balance
From: "spook01" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:40:08 -0500
Cc: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Guys,
I have balanced drums with small bits of iron spot welded to the drum. Use stick-on's to get the weight/location right. I think Terry doesn't want to mess up his coating on the drums, though, so this might not be an option.
I suppose you could rivet them on as well.
The large drums on American cars used to do it this way. How about the '27 Buick, Bob? Did it have balance weights on the drums? ;-)
Best,
Ray

"Conlige suspectos semper habitos!"
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Zwart" <zwart1@cox.net>