RE: P,K,N clutch pressure plate

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: P,K,N clutch pressure plate
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:25:32 -0600
Cc: <MMMGservice@aol.com>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry,

Never having worked on an N-type, I can't comment directly. However, on
the J2, there are 3 clutch fingers which contact the throwout bearing.
>From past experience (having done it wrong) I can tell you that it is
absolutely imperative that the clutch fingers contact the throwout
bearing at absolutely the same time, and they withdraw away from the
bearing at the same distance. If this is not the case, the fingers will
wear at an alarming rate.

Now hopefully, the N-type design was better than the J2, but just in
case, you have been warned.

Regards,
Lew