Re: P,K,N clutch pressure plate

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: P,K,N clutch pressure plate
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:44:18 +1100
Cc: <MMMGservice@aol.com>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry

I recently rebuilt our PA clutch, 12 springs and all.

I don't see any reason to reduce the number - I'd be worried about it
slipping.

I bought pressure springs and hairpin springs from Sports & Vintage, dressed
up the ends of the fingers to make them smooth and made a new aluminium
spider for the centre.

Consider replacing the slotted adjusting grub screws in the fingers with
Allen grub screws, 'cos you can turn these without straightline access to
the end as required for a screwdriver for slotted screws.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC