Dynamo drive gear clearance

To: MG-MMM <MG-MMM@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dynamo drive gear clearance
From: Jack and Sherri Hardy <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 12:11:47 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
All,

I remember a thread about setting up dynamo gear clearance last Dec.
Someone mentioned the crank end float should be taken into account br
depressing the clutch pedal. I can't find this posting. Mine is setup to
give just perceptible click when rotated back and forth, with the crank
in the rear most position. When the clutch pedal is depressed this
clearance disappears. Since the engine spends most of it's time running
without the clutch depressed, is it important to shim the dynamo for the
required clearance with the clutch pedal depressed?

Thanks,
Jack Hardy
PA 1875