Internal cyl block paint

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Internal cyl block paint
From: "Nowlan, Chris" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:22:52 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
        Further to an earlier posting about paint on the inside of T-series
cyl. blocks,  They were painted on the inside with a red oxide paint to seal
the pores and minimize sludge buildup.  The same is true of T-type
gearbox's.
        I use an aerosol product that I pick up from the local industrial
supply store.  I believe it's called electrical armature paint and works
really well.  I've pulled oil pans after many years and the oil simply runs
off the painted surfaces.  It's also the same dull red and is self priming.
It seems to me that I've also seen it on the inside of MMM engines but would
not swear to this.

Regards,

Chris Nowlan
Product Development