Re: PA propeller shaft

To: DSBonar@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PA propeller shaft
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:57:09 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/14/02 14:49:27 Pacific Standard Time, DSBonar@aol.com
writes:

<< We they really on the P? Are
 they rubber or metal? Are they really necessary? Can I substitute any other
 model where parts might be more available?   >>

My N type has the earlier type of U joints, also made by Hardy Spicer.  They
have dust covers that cover the whole joint and the joint itself has a bunch
of springs in there.  Mike Allison strongly recommends NOT using this joint
and going to the more modern type.  He also make an adaptor so that the
flange of say a modern Midget drive shaft will mate up with the gearbox and
diff.   I'm going to have my shaft converted to this
arrangement........almost nothing nastier than dropping a drive shaft!!
Terry