Re: mystery part and term

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mystery part and term
From: "tom metcalf" <mgtom@bright.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:39:33 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
> In this same list of parts are the o/s and n/s door thread plates.  Can
> anyone confirm that these were printed with "The M.G. Car Company" on the
> types as were T types and others?

Yo, Sleepy TA,

My PB had the original "The MG Car Company" door tread plates. I have seen
several J2 tubs with original tread plates, too. I'm not sure when they were
discontinued but TCs started life with them but but were sans printing by
mid-production. Maybe Fred or Craig has it zero'd in where "The MG Car
Company" plates stopped and plain aluminum plates started? Or maybe it's in
"TCs Forever". It's been forever since I've read that.    tommm