Another MGVR and NAMMR member in the news

To: "NAMMMR" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>, "MGVR list" <MGVR@listbot.com>
Subject: Another MGVR and NAMMR member in the news
From: "Peter Ross" <boltonmg@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 23:09:21 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
For those of you don't get the MG Enthusiast magazine, the January issue has a
4-page story about the history of our PA with some period pictures of it as a
successful trials car of the era as well as some more up-to-date ones.  The
article calls it the first production P-type and it's chassis number is the
reason our racing number with the VSCCA is 255, being carried on the racing TC
also.  (I knew it was the first one actually sold)

I have to admit that the author, Andrew Roberts, is a long-time friend from
the founding days of the (English) MGCC T-Register of which he was the first
bulletin editor.  He and his wife like New England in the fall and on last
year's visit he said he would like to do an article on it's pre-war history.
So, after a spirited drive around the lanes to take some photos for the
article, he was hooked.

Two weeks later, I took it racing to Lime Rock for the Fall Closer event and
had a great time, but we were too late to make the magazine deadline with some
current pictures and some anecdotal remarks on the fun than can be had racing
a quite slow car.  I'll endeavour to write that experience up in another email
asap.

Thanks Mark and Larry for the recent superb newsletters,

Happy New Year to all,
Peter