MMM Main Bearings

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: MMM Main Bearings
From: Bob Rich <jearich@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 19:44:52 -0600
Cc: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I recently aquired an elderly line boring machine. Its not as old as I am
and its in much better shape. It doesn't creak and groan like I do.

I have allowed myself to be talked into rebabbitting the main crankshaft
bearings on a PA engine and am trying to get a jump on the project. I need
to make a set of "fixtures" for this engine (I'm told that "jig" is no
longer politically correct) but need some old bearings before I can build
the fixtures.

Are there any of my Vertical Dynamo friends out there who are prepared to
lend me some old bearings long enough for me to make the drawings I need?
I'd be happy to buy them if they're for sale but I don't really need them, I
just need to draw them. I need a front, centre and rear bearing for a P type
and if all goes well will rebabbitt and line bore them for free if you can
lend me a set. I have a block but no bearings and would also need the
nosepiece and clutch housing before I can line bore them.

To avoid arguing with our Customs friends, it would be easier to borrow them
in North America if possible.

Any offers?

Cheers, "Bob".

P.S. Im in Colorado.