Ards TT

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Ards TT
From: GRaw505@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 05:28:58 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Just thought I'd let you all know that Penny & I have enjoyed Harry & Deirdre
Pyle's visit here in Northern Ireland.  Most of you should remember them from
their epic 'round the world' trip in their TC a few years ago.  Boy does
Harry know how to drink wine!
They were here as part of their European camper van tour and wanted some more
history about the Ards TT races.  We had a super evening with the Comp Sec
and Chairman (who owns a very nice TC) of the Ulster Vintage Car Club (UVCC),
their wives and another local TF owner and wife.  Good Luck on the rest of
the tour Harry.
Incidentally, the UVCC are running another TT retrospective in the Summer of
2003 to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the first race.  There will be
driving tests, a hill climb and some more lappery of the famous course.  Of
course, the social side will be well catered for too.  Penny & I participated
in the last one in 1993 and to be allowed to blast around the public roads
flat out was an experience not to be missed.  While the road wasn't closed,
the Police managed to control all the other traffic, hold open red lights for
us and preceed the leading cars thereby flagging off all other users to leave
the roads free.  UNMISSABLE!
If anyone would like further information, please contact: MRW@eggconnect.com
(Mike Wilson, who also owns and shares a variety of T Types and MMM cars).
Preference must of course go to original TT cars, then proper period sporting
cars and of course overseas visitors.
Best Wishes to all
Geoff & Penny Rawlings
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol