Re: Elkhart Lake

To: TATERRY@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Elkhart Lake
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 19:32:24 +0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry & MMM'ers,

Sorry no video ...  Speedvision did not have any camera crews there, just
Jim Heiny (reporter/photographer).  As wonderful as this event was, it was
not nearly significant enough to warrant the high cost of video production
in the judgement of companies like Speedvision.

Seems like ESPN & Speedvision have lost interest in vintage racing as
programming material.  Neither was at Lime Rock Labor Day this year (this
event had always been covered in previous years) and I'm not sure if either
were at Watkins Glen.  About the only vintage race likely to get TV
covereage is Monterey, and who knows what will happen with that event next
year.

Regards,
Mark Palmer