Wiring details- PA

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring details- PA
From: DSBonar@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:27:04 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions on previous questions. The
wiring diagram I had didn't show a "jumper" wire on the PLC between F 1 an F
2 and every time I ran the circuit in my head, it looked like when you turned
on the headlamps, you would eventually run the battery down. Brian, your
prints were great! By the way, my PLC is a Lucas model 2 and my PA1823 was
one of the later ones I believe ... completed in March 1935. I also believe
it to be original but cannot swear to that.

 I'm starting the actual wiring of the dash and would like to know the proper
way to "dress" the ends of the wires. For those wires attaching to various
mounting brackets and bolts, I'm assuming a soldered ring terminal and black
heat shrink cover. However, for those connections where the wire goes under a
set screw (like the back of the PLC) do you "tin" the wires with solder,
leave them twisted, or is the a terminal/clip I haven't seen?

Comments and/or suggestions?

Thanks again to all,

Don Bonar
Prairie Village, KS