World's Fastest Indian

To: "Land Speed Digest" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: World's Fastest Indian
From: "Pile,Chris" <zoombot@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 00:52:06 -0600
    List -

    Four hours ago I found out "World's Fastest Indian" had finally come to
the Air Capitol. Three hours ago the title rolled onscreen. Now I am home.

    There were probably two dozen folks in the theater, but when the credits
rolled I was the only one who stayed to read the names of those racers who
helped bring this film to fruition. I also needed time to wipe the tears away
from my sentimental old cheeks.

    Just seeing all the old cars on the salt and hearing the old names spoken
was so energizing, names and machines as magical to me as Burt made them sound
as he stood at the billboard in the golden sunlight with misty eyes.

    It's a fantastic flick, one which every salt racer and lover of LSR
history will hold dear for years to come, perhaps as a touchstone. If only a
few folks are able to understand just how special Bonneville is, how alive and
loving the folks are who frequent the salt - it will be worth the wait for it
be made by Mr. Donaldson.

    I hope the LSR community extends great thanks to Roger for finally
bringing Burt to life on the silver screen. It's a lovely, thrilling,
satisfying film.

    - Chris Pile aka aircap