FW: RE: World's Fastest Indian

To: land-speed@autox.team.net (Unknown)
Subject: FW: RE: World's Fastest Indian
From: rickbyrnes@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:49:05 +0000
Hi All
I sent this message the other day, but it did not reach the list.  I finally
figured out why and have corrected my mailer, so.

From: rickbyrnes@comcast.net
To: rceppos@crain.com, kwilson@crain.com, "Jon Amo" <jonamo@landracing.com>,
"Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>, "'land speed'"
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: World's Fastest Indian
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:03:50 +0000

Mike Meierle thanks for posting Kevins note.

 Everyone, please be advised that I was not interviewed nor did I express an
oppinion about this movie. To anyone!

 In fact I saw it just this past Sunday evening.
after this article was first published.

My opinion of the "Fastest Indian in the World" is in fact that it is
a wonderful movie that captures the PASSION that most of us have for
Land Speed Racing.  There are a few small areas where there is a
little "artistic freedom", but that does not distract from the
message.  Mr Hopkins portrayal of Bert Munro is very well done.

Hollywood got it right.

This was a good movie about Bonneville, and the passion of Land Speed Racing.

Had I been asked directly, I would have had nothing but praise for the movie.

Rather than criticizing, your organization though, I would suggest
that members of Autoweek staff immerse yourself in Speedweek 2006 to
learn first hand the passion that many of us have for Bonneville.  If
the writer had understood who and what we the racers are, and what a
record means to us, he would have approached this little article
differently.  At the same time, you might gain some insight that more
media coverage of our "sport" would help your readers understand that
which is truly Grass Roots racing.

I make my uproar on the salt

Rick Byrnes
RBMotorsports Inc