Re: Salt Flats underwater

To: David Dymaxion <david_dymaxion@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Salt Flats underwater
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:59:51 -0400
On Monday, August 29, 2005, at 11:49 AM, David Dymaxion wrote:

> I was at the Wendover air show on Saturday, and stopped by the Salt
> Flats going home. They were underwater about 6 to 12 inches (shallow
> enough that 2 trucks drove about a kilometer through the water). I
> assume this much water can evaporate in 2 weeks?

Holey-Moley!  I don't think that that much water will evaporate in a
couple of weeks -- at least not in time to get the course all nice and
dry and hard and ready to race.  Did you drive farther in than just a
km or so from Land's End?  I know it gets shallower as you proceed --
but is the course higher in elevation to make it possible to get ready
to race?

Let's hear from some others in the know.  I haven't mailed my USFRA
entry yet, even though if we do go to participate at WoS I'll have to
pay the "late entry" fee.  I'll keep the check here for another day or
two. . .

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan