RE: Gas Bottle fees

To: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>, <RACE427@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Gas Bottle fees
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 05:02:38 -0400
did you buy the tig welder from them? Most of those places are in the
consumable business. I got a quote from my local weld suply house and paid
about 1k less over the net for the tig machine and he was not going to give
me much of a break on anything else with the purchase. I figure the
difference in bottle rent and consumables paid for a long time before I hit
the break even point. Maybe in a month I will get to try it out as they will
start sheetrocking the new shop next week. Look at 15 per month as less than
internet access, it is less than 3.50 a week for it to be their problem. If
it is their bottle do they send a truck by to exhange the bottle also. That
is worth something also. If the deposit is refundable when you send the
bottle back why not just get on with it for now while you decide how much
gas you will go through in a month and then make a smart decision based on
usage and convienience.
Dave