Re: Gas Bottle fees

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Bottle fees
From: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:35:19 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <RACE427@aol.com>

> Guess I should have explained that the Welding supply house here on Long
> Island wants a $200 deposit and then collects $15.00 month rental fee for the
> bottle.  Just think that $15.00 a month to hold on to the bottle is a little
> pricey.  Must consider that I might not be using the bottle of gas every
>month.
> What do you think about these prices?
>
>            Thanks,      Tony G

My bottle was $125 to buy it, and it's $65 for the exchange. I got it at the
local metal supply
place.
Our local gas supply place, medical and welding, got a bad rep for partially
filling bottles, then
went out of business. Plus, they had a real attitude about whether the bottle
you were exchanging
was 'really' theirs or not.
-Aron-