RE: finishing aluminum

To: "'john robinson'" <john@engr.wisc.edu>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: finishing aluminum
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:15:53 -0600
John;

You might consider just putting on a passivation instead of painting the
aluminum. Of course, if you do want to paint it the passivation is a good
paint base preparation. I'd suggest you check out Aircraft Spruce & Supply;
they have some Alodine (also called Iridite) finish chemicals that are very
easy to use.

Try this link:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/alumprepaint.php

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ