Fire Extinguishers

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fire Extinguishers
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:07:47 -0500
My take on Extinguishers:

I used to sell Coldfire and Firebottle brands of extinguishers. Because
of deliver problems from Coldfire, I approached the FIREFOX people at
the PRI show at Indy last year and got the education of a lifetime.

                                         FIREFOX System

ODB system ( Omnidirectional Discharge Bladder) separates the
extinguishing agent from the cylinder's discharge pressure ( Nitrogen)
and as a result delivers 100% extinguishing agent to the fire. A 10#
bottle will OUTPERFORM any other 10# system!!!

The Foam will not freeze.

System comes with Stainless Steel Lines and all required fitting and
clamps.

Options are Billet brackets for under $30 each.

Refills are $90 for a 5# and $125 for a 10#

Systems are available in 2 1/2, 5, 6 1/2, 8 1/3 and 10 pound size. They
even have an 11 1/2 system that includes 5 lbs with a thermostat trigger
and a 6 1/2 lb manual bottle ( perfect for a lakester rear engine
configuration).

FIREFOX WILL DROP SHIP!!! That savers YOU money!!!

I have seen with my own eyes the rep using a blow torch running it up
and down his arm that was coated with Gemfoam...the hairs did not
shinge!

                                     Coldfire System

Soapy Water in an aluminum bottle that will corrode in time and may
cause a clogged nozzle when discharged.

Soapy Water freezes.

System comes with nozzles and a hose clamp!?!?

Lines are extra!!!

I don't care who's system you use, you need to understand how the system
works...nozzles on these two systems should not be aimed at the face of
the driver but toward the place you are trying to cool off. Call the
manufacturer and get instructions if you do not understand...IT MAY BE
YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

joe