Wheels to be true?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheels to be true?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:07:44 -0600
Okay guys and gals .... nickle question.... how close do your wheels have to
be to be considered true?

I ask this because Ron Benham was of the opinion that close was good enough...
something bout a dumb tire and a dumb wheel.... it's not going to notice much
at all when it's spinning around....

I've laced and trued wheels before both for Motorcycle's and Cars.... ( Yes
Some Real Sports cars come with Wire wheels )  I can't imagine accepting
anything outside a 1/10th of an inch or so... and honestly I'd try to get that
out if I could...

I bought another couple of sets of Wheel Vintique smoothie's and had them weld
them all the way around...   Just stuck the Duez fastner tabs on with my
template Wheel disc ( cut out moon disc that allows you to tack the tabs on in
the correct location )  and I'm about to have the Goodyear LSR tires and my
street tires mounted today....  The original wheels the car came with had
about 1/4" run out..... just to much in my humble opinion.

Keith