Torque Converter Slippage

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Torque Converter Slippage
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
Okay, here goes.  When I put my actual speed and RPM to the computer along with
tire sze, gears, and all that stuff, I come up with about 6% slippage.  142 mph
at 6250 RPM should have been right at 150 mph.  If I eliminate the slippage (go
to a std trans) the car isn't going to magically pick up the missing 8 MPH.  It
apparently only had the HP to pull it to 6250 RPM with the combination of
weight, rolling resistance, wind resistance, slippage, etc., that was present
at the time. If anything, the motor will probably drop down a couple hundred
RPM and the speed still be about the same. Am I right?

Dick J

In East Texas