RE: Torque Converter Slippage

To: <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Torque Converter Slippage
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:12:38 -0700
Ah Ha!

I had wondered about constant variable, but because they are so new (at
least to the production line game) and I have test driven only a half-dozen,
I didn't think it was up to the test of adapting to racing, but have
marveled at how smooth they operated.

Ah Dave, you marvelous metal head, no marketing considerations get in your
way, its all pure power lust! Crafting one stout enough would be the trick,
I wonder what the OEM stuff has been tested to already? Most new technology
gets hammered before it is turned loose on the public (most brutal testing
group on the planet) so it would be interesting to know when test mules
broke. . . .Hmm, I wonder if JATCO would let loose with some data? I will
ask.

Yes, yes, yes, constant power, metered out as the surface requires through
driver desire, perfect for the salt!

As for all this fear and loathing about traction control, I think it is just
a matter of time before we see such things in the racing arena -- especially
LSR where creativity and innovation is the driving force - not money and
marketing power.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz