RE: Dry sump

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dry sump
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:52:32 -0600
Grib:
the numbers I was giving (not much more than guesses) were for a typical wet
sump (internal) pump.  I think several of us have already started getting
the impression that the dry sump pumps may take less power per pump.

I think you are right about the fallacy in assuming that alternator demand
is a function of engine horsepower; I just lumped it in with water pump and
oil pump (which I still think are a function of engine horsepower), when
really the alternator demand probably has little relation to engine
horsepower (see my response to Dave).

We appreciate your sharing whatever info you get from your NASCAR folks.
Russ, #1226B