RE: Bonneville Road Race

To: "'Ed Van Scoy'" <ed@vetteracing.com>, "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Bonneville Road Race
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:33:35 -0500
Well, I could post a photo of the FLOCK OF SHEEP that Nancy and I
encountered on our way down the road when we left Wendover headed for CA.
after World Finals, and that'd give yet another meaning to the "open range"
signs ya see posted here and there.

The durn critters were being herded (shepherded might be a good word) by a
coupla guys on horseback and a batch of dogs -- but the wool-bearers seemed
to assume the right of way was theirs.  Glad I saw the dust cloud in time --
we got one blurry photo, but it's sheep for sure.

I'd consider seeing how fast the bike would go on such a stretch of road,
but those damn baah-ers covered in wool would make for a scary ride.

Jon