Re: What kind of welder to get?

To: James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What kind of welder to get?
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 19:42:57 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/02 3:44:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM writes:

<< Time for a new welder (New Toys!).  Shop has 220V 30Amp service.  Biggest
 decision, MIG or TIG. >>
Jim I don't know if you have a DC stick welding machine or not but if you do
you can use it for tig welding carbon and stainless steel. All you need is
the tig torch which you can get on ebay for about $40.00 and a bottle of
argon. Run your machine on straight polarity and your set. Now if you want to
weld aluminum that another story. I have done this for years and it works
great. I have a Holbart tig machine with the High Frequency and foot pedal
for aluminum but you don't need all that for carbon. Larry Mac