Re: What kind of welder to get?

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What kind of welder to get?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:52:38 -0700 (PDT)
 I have been going through that dilemma for about a year now.  There must have
been fifty replies.  The archives should have a lot of input if you look up
"welder".  The consensus of opinion was MIG.  I just bought one.  Also, since
you have 220 available, don't get the 110 version, just get a 220 setup to
begin with.
Dick J
"Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM> wrote: Time for a new welder (New
Toys!). Shop has 220V 30Amp service. Biggest
decision, MIG or TIG. I always felt that just about anyone can weld with a
MIG, though you have to be careful and use some technique to get good
tubular frame welds. I think TIG is generally considered superior, but then
you need a rod. I'll keep my old acetylene torch around for cutting and the
big heat jobs.

Anyone have any make/model recommendations?

Thanks,
Jim.