Re: What kind of welder to get?

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What kind of welder to get?
From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 03:24:48 -0600
I have a 220 Hobart that has served me well.  I asked my resident expert and
he said that the Hobart places some diode and circuit board after the
transformer instead of before it.  The board tends to burn up the other way
around and need to be replaced (ala Lincoln and Miller).  But then again, I
am just a welder, I know almost nothing about electronics, this sounded good
enough for me to buy a Hobart and I have been very happy with it.  TIG is
great but pricey and all.  Why not get both?  I think miller makes a big
machine that will do both, but they are thousands of $$
Dave Seely
1141 XF/VOT