NYLON AND NOMEX LINERS IN HELMETS

To: "dwarner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: NYLON AND NOMEX LINERS IN HELMETS
From: "JOHN BACKUS" <34ford@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:26:55 -0400
A while back we had a discussion going where I was told I was wrong, all non
motorcycle helmets had Nomex lining. I was just perusing the
www.simpsonraceproducts.com site shopping for a new helmet and possibly a
sfi-15 purple firesuit. They had the bandit helmets listed in 2 styles- super
bandit Y with a nylon liner for $399.00 and a super bandit N for $499.00 with
a Nomex liner. If there is a difference techwise, I thought I may pass this on
for you folks who tech. I agree with Glen, I would not own one without the
Nomex liner, it is well worth the extra $100.00 to keep my aging but handsome
face intact LOL.
Anyway, this was not to say I was right, but rather to point out they do make
both at Simpson and if it matters at tech then now you have been informed. I
guess the Y and N model numbers will tell the difference.

Respectfully submitted
John Backus

ps. I was told someone has a copyrite on purple and I can't have one<br
clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <a

///