Re: Rent a ride's

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Rent a ride's
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:14:36 -0600
Tom,

More on Lessmans ride is the it is a 572 CI Ford Supercharged with estimated
2200 hp.
They have said that it would be all wheel drive with a traction control system.
Now
isnt there a rule not allowing traction control? I think there are 4 vehicles
allowed
with a all wheel drive system, so I dont know how they will be allowed to run
under
SCTA sanctioning??? But that could be why testing at speedweek, Does the FIA
allow
all-wheel drive under their rules? This might be why going after the record at
World
Finals for FIA sanctioning.

Jonathan

"Thomas E. Bryant" wrote:

> Thanks, isn't this list awesome?
> Tom
>
> Jonathan Amo wrote:
>
> > Tom,
> >
> > Lessman has gotten ahold of me recently and the car is a go for this year,
>going
> > after the wheel driven record with a streamliner running on natural gas.
> > They plan to test during speedweek, and then go for gold during world
>finals.
> > Lynn St. James will be piloting the streamliner.
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> > "Thomas E. Bryant" wrote:
> >
> >> Lynn St James married to roger Lessman of Streamliner fame. The word was
> >> that he was building a car for, but I haven't heard anything about it in
> >> a few years.
> >>
> >> Tom

///