Re: More Points computation ideas

To: JAMES CANNON <dr.piston@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: More Points computation ideas
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:45:53 -0800 (PST)
Lots of good ideas, but don't limit a car to one
class only.  Let it run in any class the
driver/team wants to put it in (displacement wise
I mean - if you want to run a "C" motored car in
"B" - then do it).  Don't establish minimum
records either, this is a new association - all
of the records will be filled soon enough and
they'll start getting harder and harder to set.
If a guy goes through all the trouble and expense
to build and prep a car and get all the safety
equipment to run against an open record - that
effort entitles him to have that record if he
makes it to the finish line.  For one thing, with
an eye towards association growth, it will
attract a lot more new drivers if they look at
the book and say:  "Darn, my car is pretty fast
and I can make a record in that class!"  You're
not as likely to attract that first timer if he
has a decent 140 mph car and looks at the record
book and sees that it's an open record but he has
to do 203 to earn that record - know what I mean?
 And for the 200 club - don't set minimums!  200
is 200 - period!!  I also like the idea of some
kind of points for other than setting a record.

--- JAMES  CANNON <dr.piston@worldnet.att.net>

=== message truncated ===

=====
Dick J in East Texas