healeys

Re: Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades

To: mayorrichard@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:04:24 EDT
(Why would you waste your money on an alloy  sump?)

My reasons may not be exactly why most people would buy one,  but here are a
few.

1) Adds strength and support to the lower end of the  engine
2) To aid in cooling the oil
3) Durability *
4) Looks good too

I have a spare sump with the internal baffle on the  shelf  just to show
people that are interested. And I can always use it as  a pattern to cut out
new
one piece cork sump gaskets.
Sometimes I wish that was all the money that I had wasted on  my LBC's.  You
have to pamper them sometimes too just like a woman. You  know a few frills
here and there.

*There is a true story to made me a believer in this part. If you are
interested contact me off line and I'll tell you the rest of the  story..

Marion S.  Brantley, Jr.
Concours Committee  Member