healeys

Vapor Lock

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vapor Lock
From: "Don " <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:34:19 -0600
I continue to have a vapor lock problem whenever the car stands at idle
for long periods (5 to 10 min) once it gets over around 80 degrees.  It
also happens after shutting down and trying to restart if the car isn't
allowed to cool down some.  As long as the car is moving and air is
flowing the problem doesn't exist.  Has anyone routed the gas line to
the other side on a BN4 to get away from the exhaust, looks possible but
wondering where I would cross back?  I currently have the fuel line
running on the inside rail but up front where it comes up from under the
exhaust into the carbs seems to be an extremely hot area and the source
of my problem.  Has anyone tried heat tape or any other suggestions to
keep the fuel line cool or is rerouting the only alternative?
Thanks,
Don
57' BN4