healeys

New Glove Box

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Glove Box
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:53:36 -0500
I got a new glove box to go with my new dashboard. The old one had been
modified by the PO and it had obviously been wet at one time. The problem I
am having is that the new box arrived slightly smushed. The new cardboard is
stiff but friable. Is there a way to force it into the proper shape without
damage?

I have already torn one of the corners which I will repair with fiberglass
tape and epoxy resin.

Even if it were in the proper shape, it would still be smaller than the
original opening by about 1/8" al the way around. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Ned Smith

BJ8

near Chattanooga, TN