healeys

Re: re - Easy cost-effective suspension mod--observation-

To: Scott J Graham <isgraham@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: re - Easy cost-effective suspension mod--observation-
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:32:42 -0800
Scott Graham wrote:
> I am looking for negative camber on my BJ7 and had asked The Healey Factory
> about the adjustable upper trunnion bushings. They had told me that they can
> rotate in place and leave you with uneven camber from side to side. Has anyone
> on the list had this issue with the adjustable upper trunnion bushings?

Scott,
I haven't had rotating with the Cape bushings because their eccentric bolt
is tightly clamped to the ends of the a-arms. Their bushings are not offset.
I could see where the offset nylatron bushings would be more likely to
rotate in place. Maybe they could be lock-tighted in position in the
trunnions.

I think the problem with the offset bushings is the adjustment range is
negligible--it's only about one degree. Mine are adjusted to the maximum
negative camber and the wheels are at zero camber instead of the stock
positive one degree.

Therefore why use them at all? If you really need negative camber you need
the welded-on adjustable shock mounts.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA