healeys

Re: A.H. EFI conversion... question to gauge interest

To: "List Healey" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A.H. EFI conversion... question to gauge interest
From: "David Masucci" <drmasucci@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:03:35 -0500
I also think it would help to extend engine life as the cold staring
enrichment would be much more controlled. I'm not an automotive engineer,
but I've long suspected that modern fuel injection is one of the reasons
that today's engines last so long. Less raw gas "poured" into the engine.
I've thought about doing this very thing to my Healey many times, but I knew
it would be a great effort to design the system properly. I guess that's a
question...like anything the end results will be directly based on how well
your friend does the tuning of this system. I assume that tuning (fuel
mapping) would be different for the different versions of our engines.

Yes I would consider such a system if it were tuned for a BJ8.

Hmmm...It's too bad there wasn't some easy way to improve the flow of the
intake manifold at the same time. I used to dream of putting an injector at
each port...screwed into the underside of the manifold. But you'd need a way
to measure the airflow for each cylinder as it must be different because of
that manifold.

How does he measure the airflow?

Dave